Why do we charge adoption fees?
We do everything we can to assure the good health and safety of the animals we make available for adoption. These modest fees allow us to perform tests and treatments to animals while they’re still in our care.
Please Note: It is our practice to spay/neuter every animal before they are available for adoption.
- Temperament evaluation
- Spay/Neuter Procedure
- Fecal exam
- Advantage™ flea preventative
- General health exam
- DHPP & Bordetella, distemper, and bacterial vaccinations (canines only)
- Rabies Vaccination (1 year)
- Homeagain® Microchip
- Lifetime dog license application or annual license
- FVRCP distemper vaccination (felines only)
- FeLV / FIV / Heartworm testing (felines only)
- Bathing & grooming when necessary
- Initial free exam from participating veterinarians
- Counseling & advice for and about your pet throughout its lifetime
- Canine adoption fees range from $175 and up and are based on age and breed.
- Please contact the adoptions staff for more information.
- For kittens (less than 6 months of age): $80
- For cats (young or adult if 6 months of age and older): $60
Senior citizen discount
Adoption fees are discounted (based on the regular adoption fee) by $50 for senior citizens 60 years of age and older in the following instances:
- Cats 3 years of age or older
- Dogs 3 years of age or older