Sign Over an Animal
Please read all of the following before bringing an animal in to be sheltered.
To sign over an animal to our shelter, the animal’s owner must be present. If they cannot be, the person present must have their written or verbal authorization.
You must bring in the following to sign over an animal:
- Any information regarding the animal's behavior and history
- A valid Pennsylvania Driver's License or Photo ID
- If you have any current vaccine or veterinary history, please bring that with you. Bringing in this information helps us find the pet an appropriate home.
- Please leash or crate your animal before bringing it in, and, note that we do not accept animals with bite history.
- Once the animal is approved and signed over, there will be a $35.00 fee that can be made payable by cash or credit (Visa or Mastercard). We do not accept checks.
Contact the Humane Society at 814-835-8331 before bringing the animal so that we can give you both our best attention.